From the Mind of Master Imaginationist Crystal Connor ~"A Trusted Name in Terror."

The Darkness, Artificial Light, In The Valley of Shadows

Monday, December 17, 2012

The Next Big Thing...Starring Me!

How to survive a horror movie tip# 12
Don’t fuck around with recombinant DNA technology unless you know what the fuck you’re doing … and if you do know what you’re doing, please for the love of humanity stop.

Word of the Day:
Wakerife
Pronunciation: (WAYK-ryf) adjective: Wakeful; alert

So a few years ago I stumbled upon an audio horror anthology called All Kinds of Things Kill by Robert R. Best I was so blown away by that anthology that I spent the next few days looking all over the inernet for his contact info & once I found it I began stalking him! I think the very 1st email I sent him in the subject line was something I am your Annie Wilkes...creepy right? But he responded! But now apparently he's grown tired of seeing me parked outside his house peering inside binoculars and has decided to give me something else to do...lol

What is your working title of your book?
In The Valley of Shadows, it’s the 3rd book in my Spectrum Trilogy

Where did the idea come from for the book?
The idea came when I wrote the 1st book The Darkness, I was about half way through it when I realized it was going to be a trilogy

What genre does your book fall under?
I would say it’s Science Fiction that’s been built on the foundation of Horror and held in place with pillars of Fantasy

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
I would want up and coming actors so that viewers watch the movie for the movie without the expectations that comes with big name actors.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
“Within the shadows of darkness two women clash in a vicious battle that has been fought since the days of King Solomon – the fight over a child.” This is actually from the blurb from the 1st book The Darkness but it pretty much sums of the entire trilogy.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Self published

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
I am about 7mths in and am hoping to have it done early next year.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I don’t know. I have been compared to other author’s but as far as the actual story goes I haven’t read one that I can compare it to and so far, no one who has reviewed the 1st two books, has compared it to another story either.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?
The 1st book, The Darkness, was written as a short story, however I was advised by another writer by the name of Mike Jones that The Darkness was not a short story and he was right. I will always be grateful to him for pushing me to write a full length novel, because if he hadn’t I’m not sure I’d be here today.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
That it’s a little different than anything you’ve read before.

Five people in the industry I think you should get to know:
Producer/Author Lori Titus
Actor/Director/Author/Narrator, Kay Richardson
Horror/Sci-fi/Fantasy Critic Andy Angel
Freelance Editor, Stephanie Gianopulos
Illustrator/Author RL Treadway

Thanks again Robert for tagging me for The Next Big Thing, this was fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment