From the Mind of Master Imaginationist Crystal Connor ~"A Trusted Name in Terror."

The Darkness, Artificial Light, In The Valley of Shadows

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

But his story is 10x better than mine!

Word of the Day:
Benthic
PRONUNCIATION: (BEN-thik): adjective Of or relating to the bottom of a sea or lake.

How to survive a horror movie tip #10
If you come into possession of a strange old artifact and any exotic person (old wizened oriental, gypsy, Indian medicine man) warns you to do/not do something, do not do just the opposite in order to demonstrate how silly they are.


Last Friday was my virtual launch part for The Darkness, and it was so much more fun and incredible than I could have imaged or hoped for! Here is the link; it’s a two-hour show that flies by, so feel free to come back when you have time to listen to it!

http://http://www.blogtalkradio.com/sol-searching/2011/01/22/sol-searching?a=y

So now that The Darkness is out, and I have been getting some really good reviews, the next step in the process is marketing and exposure. One of the best ways to gain exposure is to enter contest. So I’ve been complying a list of the contests that I qualify to enter and last night I found out a friend of mine has already submitted his story to a contest I was hoping to enter and now I’m super nervous to submit Darkness because his story fucking rocks and is about 10x better than mine, I know its super stupid for me to think that way but I have to be a little realistic.

But on the other hand these are the types of writers that I will be competing against so I might as well stop being such a chicken, and plus you guys all know I start to lose my mind when it comes to entering contest. I submit to editors all the time and I don’t hurl myself from a bridge every time I get a rejection letter so I have no idea why come so unglued when it comes to contests. I have a list of 5 contests that I can enter, and despite my unfounded fear I am going to enter all five of them. What I know for sure is that I don’t suck, so I might have a fighting chance, even against Dave. Ok maybe that was a little ambitious…

So at the end of the week I will be posting an interview with horror writer Eloise J. Knapp and the DVD pick will also be posted by then as well. Enjoy the rest of your day and I’ll talk to you all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment