From the Mind of Master Imaginationist Crystal Connor ~"A Trusted Name in Terror."

The Darkness, Artificial Light, In The Valley of Shadows

Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Monster.

DUDES! So last night at around 2am I found out that my submission of The Monster, has been accepted and will be published in an anthology...Whooo Hoooo!

I'm not sure if I can post all the details here because there has not been an Official Announcement but don't worry the minute I can tell you I'll be shouting it out from the roof tops =D

I gotta tell you about the 2nd rejection letter I received about The Monster. The letter said "...and though The Monster is an amazing story we feel it may offend the members of the African American community." I always send a handwritten little thank you note to the editors & publishers who send me rejection letters. Ya know, just thanking them for the time it took to read and consider my work, and I had to really resist the urge to say something smart assed in that note.

But I write those notes to keep myself grounded and you never know how someone might reacted to your work, my friend Kathi had the same concerns when she read The Monster but she her fear was that I would offend both black and white people.

The thing is this, chances are someone will be offened by your work if you stay true to your story and craft especially if your work is not considered mainstream. Just know that eventually you'll find the readers who will get and enjoy your stories.

I'm going to submit more work to the guys who accepted The Monster this might be the publishing house that I've been looking for, or maybe they just really enjoyed The Monster. Either way I am still floating on cloud 9 right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment