From the Mind of Master Imaginationist Crystal Connor ~"A Trusted Name in Terror."

The Darkness, Artificial Light, In The Valley of Shadows

Monday, June 27, 2011

Psycho Suzie & Friends: Memoirs of a Nightmare

Word of the Day:
Paleography (pay-lee-AWG-ruh-fee) noun:
1. The study of ancient writings and inscriptions, dating, deciphering, and interpreting them.
2. Ancient forms of writing: documents, inscriptions, etc.
3. An ancient style or method of writing.


How to survive a horror movie tip# 14
Never be with the group who plays vicious pranks on the shy strange new kid, those pranksters will soon meet their doom and often in a horribly gory way.

No, it is not slander if you tell the truth. Especially if you have proof to back it up. Emails are great proof--I keep EVERYTHING.

So shortly after Crypticon I was contacted via facebook from an editor-in-chief from a small local publishing company here in Seattle. After exchanging a few emails I decided I liked this editor well enough and I asked about sending a query letter. The editor suggested that I send over the manuscript so I send an ARC.

After exchanging a few more emails I knew I wasn’t going to be working with this firm after explaining the reasons I chose to decline entering a working relationship this editor became abusive and belligerent which left me thanking my lucky stars that I had dodged such a large bullet. My BFF and I were joking about it and she said “you outta write a book about that.”

I thought it was insanely funny suggestion at the time but now I’m thinking that’s not such a bad idea …

So with that said I am considering a non-fiction publication Psycho Suzie & Friends: Memoirs of a Nightmare: just a simple journal type book of email exchanges with individuals representing four different companies spanning over the last 3 ½ years.

Of course with Artificial Light being near completion this pet project is going on the back burner and I’m in no rush to start a comedic autobiography. I’m not too worried the good thing is I’ll always have more than enough material because most people don’t choose their words carefully or think before speaking. Once you say something you cannot take it back and a lot of people have either forgot or don’t care that emails last forever….

No comments:

Post a Comment