From the Mind of Master Imaginationist Crystal Connor ~"A Trusted Name in Terror."

The Darkness, Artificial Light, In The Valley of Shadows

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Addressing the latest concern...


Hello my followers!

So And They All Lived Happily Ever After! is making the rounds again, thanks you guys I am so super stoked about that, I was even spotlighted this week, see? =D


But with a new batch of fans comes a new batch of complaints, which is fine, you can't please everyone and I don't even try, however this newest complaint has gotten to the point that it needs addressing because quite frankly I don't like the implication.

Let's take a sec to talk about diversity and what it means to be all inclusive.

The Lazarus Antidote feats a biracial couple

Best Friends Forever revolves around the madness of a woman attempting to break up w/her girlfriend

There's a story where a 15 year old boy makes a pretty drastic decision to protect his big brother who is still in the closet 

And then we have The Apple, which seems to be the source of the problem for some. Why? Apparently over the derogatory use of the word fag. I find it quite breath taking that, after reading the stories listed above that some of you have the audacity to send me emails accusing me of being homophobic. That's fucking laughable.

Diversity needs to be all inclusive, even when, especially when you don't like it. Take a look around you, there are people who are still very uncomfortable with the idea of gay people. That's just a fact of life. Deal with it.

I'm not writing to ignite social change or spark some type of awareness, I just write. If my characters are gay, they're gay. If an extra uses the term fag when talking about gay men in a story, then she uses the term fag. Simple as that. To suggest otherwise it stupid. 

Ok, so now that that's out of the way¦

DUDES! Your never gonna believe it … I now review indie horror/sci fi movies for HorrorAddicts.net! I know right! The one thing I know that will be challenging for Horror Addicts is that sometimes I will be reviewing films that I didn't really like. The 1st review I did for HA was for a movie that I would have never watched on my own and OMG it was so fun, here's the link. The 2nd movie looked really good, but it wasn't what I expected. I hate writing luke-warm reviews, which is why I stopped reviewing movies I didn't like here. But the guys over at HA said the 2nd review is still good so...whew! 

I'm going to be posting the links to my HA at the bottom of my DVD pick of the week reviews so from now on you will always get two reviews at once. Oh! And guess what! That's not even all! Horror Mansion started following me on Twitter¦ ME! Plus in Oct they are gonna be hosting a book giveaway contest featuring...you guessed it! Me =D 

Speaking of which, Oct is going to be super busy, And They All is going back on tour, I will be speaking as a guest in Portland with the founder of Evil Girlfriend Media, and if everything works right The Darkness will also be going back on tour as well.

Well that's it for now, other than that I am working two books. Its going a bit slow but I plan to move things along starting in Sept. Ok you guys have a good one! Talk to you all soon <3 span="">




No comments:

Post a Comment