From the Mind of Master Imaginationist Crystal Connor ~"A Trusted Name in Terror."

The Darkness, Artificial Light, In The Valley of Shadows

Monday, May 31, 2010

See Officer, what had happened was….



Daniel P. Coughlin’s 2008 Farmhouse is such a kick ass hell of a ride that while I was watching it my neighbor feared for my safety and called the police.

I tend to scream warnings to the people on my TV…things like: NOT to go into the cellar, NOT to open the door, and ask them questions like: “Why are you just standing there, fucking run!

It was in one of these interactive parts of the film my next-door neighbor knew beyond all doubt that my life was in grave danger because I was advising the victim to “just fucking shoot him, you stupid son of a bitch! What the hell is wrong with you fucking shoot him!”

After explaining to the city of Des Moines police officers that yes I was in fact safe and not under the seize of a home invasion, I returned to my DVD.

I was completely (and pleasantly) surprised when Farmhouse did not turn out to be another cliché about travelers breaking down on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere and spending the night in the home of deranged idiots.

It has an amazing back-story and even if you’re looking thru the Hubble Telescope, you don’t see the ending coming. I haven’t been so pleased and entertained by a DVD since I reviewed The Collector. It’s a hell of a ride and I’m giving it 5 stars
5 out of 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment