From the Mind of Master Imaginationist Crystal Connor ~"A Trusted Name in Terror."

The Darkness, Artificial Light, In The Valley of Shadows

Monday, May 10, 2010

But that's why God created editors!


I just left a lunch meeting with Rebecca who was my 1st editor for The Darkness and the reason I am soon to enter the realm of “published writers.” We spoke last week over the phone and she wanted to know how Artificial Light was coming along and wanted to know if she could read what I had so far.

So I gathered the 1st 28 chapters, every notepad, sticky note and straightened out every piece of balled up paper that had anything to do with Artificial and headed out to lunch. You should have seen her face lol…it was priceless. It’s really hard for editors to work with me because my spelling is atrocious and my written grammar is worse and when I submit pages that used to be crumbled up and out of order it pushes them to the edge. I’ve gotten way better but still I know it’s not easy.

On another note a few months ago we we’re auditioning voice actors for the audio book for The Darkness. We were really excited about one of the readers we auditioned, but as I shifted from a single reader to a full scale audio drama the working relationship between the original voice actor and I fell apart and it was decided that we would not be able to continue a working relationship, and as some of know you, I was really upset about it.

But like they say, everything happens for a reason, and now it looks like I will be working with a production team called Necropolis Studio Productions for the production of my audio book…and get this; they are a non-profit organization! Which means I will be within budget on this project because they’ll be doing it for free. WhooHoo!


Check em out! www.necropolisstudioprod.com

For those of you who do not know what an audio drama is, it’s basically like listening to movie on the radio, the way stories were told before the invention of the television. This is such a big deal because The Darkness needs to be rewritten as a screenplay, which means The Darkness will have to be almost completely rewritten because a screenplay does not read like a novel. In a novel you can write anything but in a screenplay you can only write what can be seen or heard. And NSP is doing this for free.

I think the translation with be beautiful because I am such a descriptive writer but at the same time I am very excited to work with this production team and see and hear their adaptation of The Darkness.

I know I am not posting as often as I used to, but I have so much to do as things the launch date gets closer, and I am writing another book and still have a company to run, so to not overwhelm myself I have cut back on updating and posting on my blogs, but I will try to check in at least once a week. Signing off for now, thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment